Sermon Discussion Questions - Week of June 7, 2020
Jun 7, 2020 |
1. What do you trust most in your life? Why do you trust some things (military, family, etc.) more than other things (Facebook, politicians, etc.)? When it comes down to it, what is actual Trust? How does control play into trust? Why do we as humans struggle with control?
2. Why is having a proper mindset so important when trusting God? What would the mindset be based off of? (Proverbs 3:1-2). Do you trust in your heart that the gospel is true? How does the gospel shape our mindset in life?
3. Faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26). If we only trusted God in our minds and did not live that trust out it would be useless. What are some ways we can use our trust in God in our daily lives? Producing action. What kind?
4. Pastor Albin mentioned that Proverbs 3:5-6 is where many people walk away from the Lord. Why is that? What about these verses is both difficult and rewarding? Do you see these verses play out in your life? What are some examples where you have had to live these verses out?
5. In your life, you have had questions. We all have. What are some of the BIG questions you have? For example “Why does God allow evil in the world?” This week as you look at the news and your life, explore some of those questions, write them down and see what God’s word has to say about them. The church has several resources and can help guide you. Some questions will never be answered, but oftentimes God does help us understand.